Wiebel, Hennells & Carufe P.A. has implemented a Go Green Initiative in their office making every day Earth Day. The firm makes use of a philosophy to reduce, reuse and recycle making a positive impact on the environment.
1. Reducing The Use Of Paper: The firm scans all documents and has a paperless office plan to reduce the use of paper and have instant access to client information.
2. Recycle: All paper is sent to be recycled with a local company which chemically treats the paper to safeguard against identity theft and the misuse of company information. Also, toner cartridges are refilled or remanufactured whenever possible and empty cartridges are recycled through local programs. The firm uses recycle bins in workspaces, the lunch room and all other common areas to make recycling easy and effortless.
3. Reuse Through The Upgrading Of Electronics: The firm’s computers are custom built to be upgradable rather than being thrown out for obsolescence. The firm will keep electronics as long as possible and dispose of them responsibly when the time comes.
4. Buying Used: All copiers are bought through local dealers with an emphasis on the product trade-ins or slightly used. This in turn will not expand the community landfill pile.
5. Choosing Products Wisely: The firm uses filtered water coolers rather than bottled water and chooses to use paper products instead of styrofoam. Known as expanded polystyrene, styrofoam has been proven to be both an environmental and a health hazard. The main component of styrofoam is carcinogens that have been linked to serious health problems. It is also very common for each person in the office to use a personal cup rather than a disposable one.
6. Green Appliances: The office building uses only Energy Star appliances and windows. Time controlled thermostats were installed to reduce energy consumption during periods of dormant activity.
7. Electronic Library For References: The firm uses an internal electronic library and the World Wide Web for references in order to eliminate books to save paper, money and printing resources.
8. Use Of Local Companies: The firm continues to assist community efforts in the responsible disposal of hazardous waste. The firm uses local companies for products and services to save energy by reducing fossil fuels needed to transport these resources.